- Allen Public Library
- Visit Us
- Study Rooms
Find a place to study or read at the Allen Public Library. Our four study rooms are free to use with an Allen Public Library card in good standing. All rooms are first come, first served, with a two-hour time limit. Study rooms cannot be reserved in advance. All study rooms close 30 minutes before the Library closes.
Study Room Use
Study room occupancy
Occupancy limits for each study room are listed below. Please do not add or move chairs between rooms.
|Study Room||Occupancy Limit|
|Study Room A||2 people|
|Study Room B||4 people|
|Study Room C||6 people|
|Study Room D||4 people|
- Availability: Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Using your study room: Sign in at the Reference Desk with your Allen Public Library card.
- Time limit: An individual or group may use one study room for up to two hours per day.
- Permitted activities: Study rooms are intended for quiet activities such as studying, reading, or discussion. The walls are not soundproof.
- Provided supplies: Each room has a whiteboard and markers. Please clean the whiteboard and discard any trash at the end of your study period.
- Food and drink: Drinks with lids are permitted, as are small snacks. Full meals are not allowed to be eaten in the library.
- Advertisements: No public advertisements for activities in the study rooms are allowed.
- Lost items: Items left unattended in the study rooms for more than 15 minutes are considered abandoned and will be taken to Lost & Found. Lost & Found is located at the Check Out desk.
- Code of Conduct: All Library Code of Conduct policies apply to the study rooms.